ISO 55001:2014 Asset Management System(AMS)
ISO 55001 is designed to provide structure and guidance to an Asset Management System (AMS) to manage and mitigate risk, whilst benchmarking performance across all sectors and improving financial performance in line with organizational growth strategies.
Benefits of ISO 55001:2014
An asset management system provides a structured, best practice approach to managing the lifecycle of assets.
1. To identify opportunities to maximize the value realized from the organization’s assets through the effective application of a management system that meets the requirements of BS ISO 55001.
2. Reduced risks associated with ownership of assets – anything from unnecessary maintenance costs and inefficiency to accident prevention (explosions at gas plants for example)
3. Improved quality assurance for customers/regulators – where assets play a key role in the provision and quality of products and services
4. New business acquisition - stakeholders gain confidence from the knowledge that a strategy is in place to ensure assets meet the necessary safety and performance requirements
5. Supports international business growth – demonstrating that the requirements of an internationally recognised asset management system are being met