ISO 41001:2018 Facility Management System(FMS)
Facilities management (FM) is understood to suffer from a general lack of knowledge and awareness, thus the publication of these supporting documents to articulate “what it is” was seen to be extremely beneficial. ISO 41011:2017 describes facility management as an “organizational function which integrates people, place and process within the built environment with the purpose of improving the quality of life of people and the productivity of the core business”.
Benefits of ISO 41001:2018
1. improved safety, health, well-being and productivity of workforce.
2. better efficiency and effectiveness, hence improving organisational cost benefits.
3. enhanced communication of FM methodologies and requirements among and between public and private sector organizations.
4. improved consistency of service levels delivered.
5. providing a common platform for all types of organizations.